You never know who's waiting for you. You never know when love is coming your way. But if tonight I look again into your eyes then it's you, and it's me you love...then it's you, and it's me you love.

If you love me then you'll listen to this song right now. "It's You, It's Me" by Kaskade. It's so addictive, it's kept me bopping all week long.

Yes Joe, that Brooklyn is Burning song is great, too. But right now I'm all about It's You, It's Me.

For a great many years I was anti-Gap. I wasn't feeling their cookie-cutter look. But now I must say I'm an intermittent addict, particularly when they have their clearance sales. The clearance racks are always the first things I hit when I go to the Gap. And then Gap Body came along and I gave their thongs and panties a shot. Now I'm addicted to Gap Body undies. But I never bothered looking at their bras 'cuz I automatically assumed they could never possibly have my size. Gap would only sell waif-like-a-boy bras, right? They couldn't possibly make bras for girls who actually have boobs?

Boy was I so wrong. Not only do they carry my size but they also had my size on clearance and after my disappointment with the Wonderbra push-up bra in the Sears catalog (don't bother asking) these Gap bras looked very attractive and seemed to be exactly what I've been looking for.

So I grabbed a bra in my typical size in hot pink...hmm, maybe it's just me but it looks kind of big. To be on the safe side I grabbed a smaller bra in black and headed for the fitting rooms.

Too bad that their "service" buttons were not working...my "typical size bra" was surprisingly too big. It was surprising since I have such a bad eye for sizes re: my own body (usually the bra looks huge but when I look at the size I realize it's actually smaller than what I wear, talk about a huge blow to the ego) that I expected not to fit into either one of the bras I had brought into the fitting room.

I tried on the black bra and, good lord, even that bra was too big. No wonder these bras were on clearance!

So if you've been following my story carefully, the right Gap bra for me was actually two...TWO...sizes smaller than what I normally wear. I know what you're thinking. "Leah's in size-denial and in actuality she's got a massive quadraboob effect going on with this new bra she's bought." But, my friend, you are wrong. Yeah, it blows my mind, too.

Needless to say, I'm giddy. On the off chance that any guy saw my bra size it wouldn't be so embarassing now 'cuz I am now of "average" size thanks to the Gap. Love the Gap. LOVE IT! Their clothes are always bigger than I would expect.

And as for my bra, it's kind of funny how the sizes worked out. Seems to me that you'd be sh*t out of luck if you're a "normal" B or A cup. Feelings of inadequacy, anyone?

I can't wait to buy another bra. Who knew I'd ever see the day when I would look forward to bra shopping!

Comments