Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes

I can put my hair into a ponytail now. Up high or down low, it doesn't matter, my hair can all be pulled back.

You may ask "big deal?" But it IS a big deal for me. Ever since I finished radiation almost 3 years ago I've been waiting for my hair to "even out." Sure I could pull it back, but there would be an obvious spot at the back and side of my head where it'd be obvious my hair was on the thinner/lacking side compared to the rest of my head. Now I'm happy to report that everything looks great, except for my missing sideburn on the right. But I'm glad for that, I've always hated my "Asian" sideburns. I'm hoping to permanently rid myself of the left one so that everything ends up more symmetrical. Laser or electrolysis, I don't know yet.

Then there was the whole issue of how long it takes for my hair to grow. I swear my hair is crawling along...a lot slower than it used to. I look at my pictures from my parents' silver anniversary 2 years ago compared to my pictures from my birthday 5 months before that and there's a big difference between the two lengths. Last year I cut my hair a little after my birthday, and just NOW -- a little short of a year later -- my hair is getting to be the same length as it was the July of the year before. And I haven't even cut my hair in between then!

If my hair is taking that long to grow out, I don't know what I'll do now. I'm super-hesitant to make any drastic cuts to it (as I'm apt to do every spring). But at least it's all a uniform thickness, at long last!

And another snazzy change, I have to finally admit to myself that my jeans have become much too big. I'm always reluctant to get the next size down 'cuz "you just never know" and I hate clothes that cut into me. But looking at my jeans now, I'm wondering if the smaller size would cut into me at all. It's worth looking into. I love buying new jeans. :)

Comments