Where do I begin?

The great thing (usually) about living is that not only do you change, but everyone and everything around you changes, too. Each at their own pace, whether or not you're ready for it or willing to accept it, for better or for worse.

Everyone's got their own growing pains, their own dance. We dance in groups, but each person still has their own role in the whole routine. We dance in pairs, sometimes nicely choreographed with one another, other times we bust out into our own solo. Some of us love that solo moment, shining in the light that's all for us.

And you switch partners, change dance troupes, the music changes, the scene shifts, but you pirouette the best that you know how. Shimmy shimmy ya.

Sometimes, like a square dance, you end up back with the partner you started off with. I overheard a lovely story while I was riding the train the other day. It's been so long since I've taken the train downtown, I miss it so much. I'm such a people watcher...and the train is wonderful for that sort of activity.

Anyway, this girl, 23 years old, was talking with her coworker on the commute home. She was a newlywed, married to the boy she fell in love with when she was 11, he 13. Her first, and apparently true, love. He had broken her heart at a young age, wanting his independence. She moved away 'cuz of family. 10 years later they ran into each other again and rekindled the romance they had at such a young age. Fast forward another 2 years and they are now husband and wife.

Her story was a lot more detailed than that. I hung on every word (though I was inconspicuous, I hope).

And now another friend is preparing to dance away from our circle. I'm going to miss her. I'm glad we spent some time together last night catching up on things, 'cuz who knows when I'll get to see her again. Everything's so up in the air.

She dyed my hair "deep purple." It shows a lot better than the blue-black we had tried the last time. It's still jet black when you look at it straight on, but oh, the gorgeous purply sheen I've got now!

I had my annual MRI scan on Wednesday. Dare I say the nurse guy had a thing for me as he gave me the injection of contrast dye. Maybe he found my veins sexy. :)

The Phenoms triumphed over Club Filipino last Sunday. We have no clue who we play next (thanks to the ever organized way of running things Filipino-style) but it's semi-finals time. And if you're in the area, come check out our game, you'll be in for a sweet surprise. The boys are excited.

I have to miss my brother's birthday costume dodgeball tournament tonight 'cuz of my stupid job. I've been encouraged/tempted to call in sick but it's not worth losing this measly job that I have now. Not only that, but the other girl closing with me tonight is the Redhead, and I just can't do that to a friend. If it were some other coworker, I'd feel less guilty. I'll just catch up with them afterwards.

After my MRI I went to go get my eyebrows threaded again. I'm addicted to threading, it's so much better than waxing. Afterwards I tried to finally get my hands on a knish. Alas, they were closed.

Comments