It feels like only yesterday

You know I've been too busy/lazy to write when even the bastitch posts more frequently AND more recently than yours truly.

It's almost 1 a.m. and I'm rocking the pearls my godmother gave me for Christmas simply because I want to. A necklace made of freshwater Japanese Biwa pearls, thankyouverymuch. I may not have a keen eye for spotting a Mikimoto pearl but all I can say is my pearls rock. I've never seen anything like them.

I've heard that a pearl bracelet (whether real or fake) is a nice *cough* prop for "manual" stimulation of a guy. Since mine are all different shapes due to their freshwater-ness I doubt they'd do the trick, but it's not like I'd appreciate using my necklace for that purpose anyway.

*sigh* I'm all "Asian fetish"ed out for now. I can't be motivated to respond to J-Man's diatribe.

Instead, I'll answer some of my comments:

  • Des mentioned that she didn't know what eyebrow threading is/was. From what I can gather, which is very little so far, threading is a method of hair removal that originated in the Middle East. It's starting to pick up in popularity here (I know of 3 salons which do it now, whereas I was without a clue as to where to get threaded less than 8 months ago) and I'm glad for that. I find threading to be less irritating to the skin since I tend to sometimes break out/react a little after waxing. Also, threading is more precise and they are able to shape the brows a LOT better than they could with wax. Plus, no worries about having saggy eyelids after years of yanking at the skin with wax. Although I can't really see what they're doing when they're threading, it feels much like how I imagine those retro-vintage rolling grass-cutters would feel like. They hold one end of the thread loop in their mouth, and then they twist from the other end with their hand so the unwanted hair(s) get caught between the threads and are thus plucked out. It's unbelievably swift and, dare I say, less painful than waxing. Definitely faster than plucking, obviously. They cost the same. I'm a big fan. Due to it's rarity I may still get my brows waxed when I'm in a pinch, but I would prefer threading if I had the choice.
  • Mare asked if my mom had flown with Philippine Airlines and that was why she was late in arriving home. No, she flew with Cathay Pacific/Air Canada. Her Air Canada flight from Vancouver to Calgary was delayed due to the crazy fog we were having that night...the pilot couldn't see well enough to land. But me and my family know what you're talking about with PAL (my dad says it stands for Plane Always Late). Ever since my mom made her first trip back to the Philippines using PAL she has never flown with them again since. Kind of sucks since that means I've never had the chance to try it yet. I wonder what they serve on board? Adobo? Ensaymada for snack? Halo-halo would be nice. :)
  • A lady named Bouncegrrl agreed with me that benwahs are overrated. I swear I've maybe used them 3 times since I first got them, with little to no effect whatsoever. Ah well, lesson learned. Should have saved that money towards the "Cadillac of Vibrators" fund.
  • With regards to J-Man's Asian Fetish post, someone calling themselves "Asian Lover" wanted to add: "You left out that most men prefer asians due to the woman's eagerness and willingness to please her man in any way possible. Traditional asian women ex Thai , Chinese , etc understand their role in a relationship and marriage, I should also state they are awesome in bed." Honestly, it's as if the man didn't read J-Man's post at all. Can we change his moniker to "Hella Lame Fool?" And, by the way, I must not be a "traditional" asian woman since I like to play dumb about understanding my "role in a relationship and marriage." It's the 21st century...let's live in it, shall we?
  • And with regards to the blog post which J-Man referred to, Clip Fiersam asked: "does it really go sideways? Does it really make that funny fffttt noise when you go down the slide?" Oh man, the imagery! *shudders* But seriously, now I have a question for everyone, where did this whole "sideways slit" idea come from? I have no clue what they're talking about or referring to...perhaps I shouldn't pry. Perhaps I'm better off not knowing.

Comments