I'll try to be a good girl

I must be technologically cursed this summer. My cell phone self-destructs into two pieces (I swear I've been nice to it.) and so I've been toting around a hideous cheese-block of a loaner phone while they take their sweet time replacing my baby. It's been 4 days short of a month so far. They're not even fixing my old phone, they're replacing it and it's still taking them this long?? Meanwhile I have to lug this brick with me to the Black Eyed Peas concert tomorrow night.

Technologically I'm cursed, but musically I've been blessed. Boyz II Men (or Nathan, Shawn, and Wanya...it's just not the same without Michael) performed here on July 6th and it was a positive dream-come-true for me and my brother's girlfriend. The girl just gets cooler and cooler in my eyes.

My computer monitor went and had a stroke on me (I swear I've been nice to it.) and everyone agrees that I'd be better off replacing it rather than repairing it. That's money I just shouldn't part with right now, what with a friend's wedding coming up (dresses and shoes and showers, oh my) and dreams of road-tripping somewhere -- anywhere -- flitting through my mind. Thank goodness for my discount and "rewards points" at my store. I'll begrudgingly be cashing in some of my rewards points to knock off 100 dollars on a basic monitor just so I can use my computer again. It's been a month without music updates for my ipod, without photo management for my digicam, all 'cuz I'm only using my gracious sister's computer to check email and the like.

Civic and I have been hitting up farmers' markets for the past couple of weekends. Both of us agree that organic is a waste of money. Give me some yummy plums and cherries from a simple Hutterite farmer any day.

Last month, Daisy and I bid adieu to our beloved Mortal Coil. The city just isn't the same without it. We're clueless with what to do with ourselves some Friday nights now. There's a tiny rumor they'll be opening up shop elsewhere, I'm keeping my ears perked up. Although, any Mortal Coil afficionado will tell you it just won't be the same.

Comments