I'll raise a (piece of) toast to that

I caught up with the newlyweds (Latina and her man), Daisy, and T-Girl after their movie late Friday night and we headed over to Denny's for some late night convo and noshies. The newlyweds finally got to see Daisy's pics from NYC and Toronto and plus we all had stuff to celebrate:

Obviously the newlyweds could celebrate their marriage (some more. Haha.)

Daisy got a year's maternity leave contract at one of the school's she's worked with in the past. Due to union rules her seniority was always getting screwed over 'cuz of technicalities. This full year contract was something she has deserved for a long time now. I'm glad she got it.

T-Girl got accepted into the university's education program. She'd been trying for a while now.

And me, I've had a lot of good fortune as of late. Lots to celebrate. Daisy even gave me a card of congratulations. Haha. New wonderfulness is certainly headed our way.

It was kind of different celebrating with Denny's food instead of drinks all around, but at least it made for longer conversations and good times.

Next week should be a lot of fun, too. There's GlobalFest (a multicultural festival and fireworks competition) and Expo Latino. I LOVE Expo Latino! Plus my family's trying to get in a few more picnics while the summer is still around. Summers don't get any better than this. Let's hope the Fall is just as good to us.

Comments