Pooped

Another weekend come and gone. I picked up my cell phone and instead of replacing my cell phone as I thought they were going to do they only changed the front housing and re-attached the wires that got torn. And this took them two months! *shakes her head*

I never made it to Expo Latino on Saturday. Instead Civic and I went out for some Greek over at Ouzo. As usual Daisy wouldn't be ready to join up with us for a while so we walked around 4th Street and 17th Avenue as well. Mercato was open when we walked by (for once!) AND they had cannoli! They also had a different-looking tiramisu but after searching for a cannoli for years I opted for option number 1. To go, of course, 'cuz I was sooo full from dinner.

The old Mortal Coil is completely gutted and desolate. It's heart-wrenching. In it's place will be Bistro 2112 or something like that. Like we need another Bistro around here.

Tubby Dog over on 17th, while having the same kind of idea as Le Chien Chaud over on 4th, has completely different hot dogs. Who knew this sort of business would fly? Tubby Dog offers up a hot dog with peanut butter and jelly...with Cap'n Crunch added upon request. Any takers? Let me know 'cuz I'd love to witness this.

The new Blue Light Special location was closed...but it's very rare for us to make it to 17th while the stores are open for business, anyway. We saw these which I thought would be a fun gag gift for Daisy. I had no idea it was a Catholic schoolgirl. It looked like a boy in the box from the window.

And no, despite already being in the neighborhood, we didn't go for ice cream over at Phillip's. Like I said, too full. Even when Daisy finally joined us and we headed over to the Melrose patio I didn't order anything to eat. Instead I had a Brahma since it was the evening's special. Does anyone like Brahma or do they only order it 'cuz it's cheap? I'm an A Marca Bavaria fan myself.

Then more drinks, though not the alcoholic kind. Bernard Callebaut Hot Chocolate over at Caffe Beano. Ever tried it? It's a MUST. Mmm, so good.

All this and I was looking hot. Excellent for two streets where it's good for seeing and being seen.

On Sunday I missed Expo Latino again 'cuz the familia had a barbecue over at Sandy Beach. Civic came and brought along his adorable dog. Posie, her parents, and Lana came as well. Weird Kid's girlfriend came, too. Big picnic. Altogether too much food. It was beautiful, though, and I couldn't tear myself away from it to go to the Expo. And after that I was so pleasantly tired that I wrote off checking out GlobalFest as well.

So in summary this was the first year in a long time that I missed Expo Latino, and the second year in a row that I've missed GlobalFest. No matter, the weekend was fantastic, anyway.

Comments