"They said it wouldn't last. (I) had to prove them wrong."

I just jumped right in. Reckless. Impulsive.

But no regrets.

It didn't feel like I had reached a major milestone in my life, though. I would say it felt as if I'd been doing this all my life. There were no surprises.

Everything went so right.

Except for, you know, the fact that everyone told me that emotions would get involved and I ignored their warnings thinking it would be minimal. I'm a big girl, I can deal.

Don't get me wrong, it's not as if I've become a drama queen or anything...but emotions have certainly come into the mix. People have always told me that I'm playing games and of course I deny it. But maybe I've been playing these games with myself the whole time. I am my own pawn, apparently.

Again, I am reminded that I'm not indestructible.

Comments