My secret life

I thought I was reserved, bordering on secretive. Everyone knows that it takes me forever, and I do mean forever to open up to people.

"Aloof, unavailable ice queen." ~ Bridget Jones' Diary. That quote came up during a discussion this past weekend. They weren't necessarily referring to me, mind you, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's the vibe I give off sometimes.

But when I finally open up to others, do I share too much of myself? I was thinking about this the other day. Everyone knows that you shouldn't kiss and tell...my best friend is good at keeping this rule somehow. However, thinking of the past few events lately, it feels like I've shared news with a lot of people. I've been seeking out opinions, soliciting suggestions, hell, I may as well have written everything in here. But I won't do that.

So did I go too far? Did I breach someone's trust? I hope I haven't, but a gut feeling I have says that something has gone wrong. I don't know, it felt natural to talk about it with my friends. I wasn't ashamed. I had nothing to be embarassed about. Nobody told me to shut up, so I assume I was not performing some kind of huge verbal faux pas.

Maybe Sex and the City has warped my brain more than I thought. :) Perhaps I AM a bit of Samantha. Haha.

This past weekend was blech. How else can I explain it? Rain rain rain rain and COLD. Friday was spent with the girls just yammering away over some nachos while Saturday was a writeoff if not for a jaunt to Tim Horton's with the siblings (I do not deal with staying at home on a weekend very well, can't you tell?). Today we looked over Latina's wedding pictures and introduced her to the luscious hot chocolate at Caffe Beano. The addiction rages on.

So much for seeing 40-Year Old Virgin. Is there noone else on Earth who hasn't seen it but me?

Comments