Yes or no

I always thought I was a realist when it comes to love and romance. My tastes, however, tell a different story.

I like romantic comedies. They make you feel good, right? And I love love LOVE ballads. Boyz II Men will always have a special place in my heart, and not much can compare to a good Al Green song or even Toni Braxton. "You complete me." "I wanna be living for the love of you." "You make me feel brand new." Yeah, I'm addicted to all that mushy stuff.

But then...THEN...when I see it in real life I'm convinced it can't be real. Like when Ryan wrote and recited all that poetry for Trista (Bachelorette, fyi) I was practically rolling my eyes. Who does that???

And the Aidan I had...or maybe I didn't really ever have my Aidan...where did he come from? Aren't guys like him only supposed to be a myth? If they are a myth then maybe Ryan and Aidan do what they do because they know it'll get them results. I don't know.

All the couples I know are in love. Of course they're in love. But they're not, like, crazy ga-ga "Take my breath away" in love.

"...watching every motion in this foolish lovers game..."

Come on, now. They're REAL people.

Which brings me to my next thing: maybe the whole "you'll just know when you're in love" thing doesn't exist either. And people everywhere are waiting for some magical light to shine down on them and chirping birds and choruses of angels singing to let them know they've found the right one. But since they don't see/hear it they miss out on something good. Even if it's just for a little while.

And then there are probably those who swear they heard the birds chirping and la-di-da their world was all sparkly when they found the one and the one ended in divorce a couple of years later.

My long-winded way of saying I'm sure nobody knows what they're doing or how they're doing it, and that's strangely comforting.

And if noone knows what they're doing, then mushy romance is fun to play with every once in a while.

Comments