My nose

So, uh, I got my nose pierced on Saturday. It wasn't a scheduled appointment or anything, it was just one of those things that happened simply 'cuz I had the time. (I tell you again, left to my own devices...)

Problem is, I wanted one for years and I thought a little rhinestone/diamond would be cute on my nose. And now that I've got it, I'm having second thoughts. For all my "research" into the matter a long time ago now I'm thinking of other situations that I hadn't thought of before. For instance, I should be due for an MRI early next year, but the piercer assured me I'd be ready to take it out by then, or even switch it with a plastic retainer (like that's attractive.) And for the next little while I'll be too scared to apply my face scrub or anything like that. Plus I have a followup appointment with my head and neck doctor next month. I don't know if my piercing will be an inconvenience on his look-over. :( Never mind that I never actually checked with my workplace to see if this is a kosher thing to do. As a friend suggested, I'll give it a week (unless my boss says it has to go)...but something tells me it'll be more of a nuisance than something I'll be proud to wear. Maybe if it was a "tiny" diamond like I had pictured it wouldn't be so bad, but the one they used is about twice the size I had envisioned on my nose. It's not gaudy by any means (the one I really wanted was so miniscule you'd probably miss it) but still. Or it could just be my own thinking 'cuz a lot of people I've seen this weekend never even noticed it till I pointed it out.

It's so weird having regrets. Not really used to this feeling at all.

Comments