Mish-Mash

The Flames just keep on winning. It's so hot! As if I can't stress it enough, I <3 Iggy. :) (Ang, keep BF away from the 'Dome! Haha.)

Last month I finally got around to picking up a copy of Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden at the bookstore. As I get deeper into it I am absolutely falling in love with this book! I'm not sure what I can say about it other than it's poetic and gorgeous. The Motorcycle Diaries (I picked it up at the same time) by Ernesto "Che" Guevara was poetic as well, but it didn't have the same effect as Memoirs of a Geisha. And now I find out, though maybe I knew this from a while ago and just failed to remember, that Memoirs of a Geisha is turning into a movie. I wasn't sure how I felt about this at first. This book is so vivid in my mind I couldn't imagine how any movie could do it in any justice...and I was afraid they would botch it up. But I took a look at the trailer and I must admit I'm excited now. Of course the main character is more gorgeous in my imagination than any actress they could ever cast to portray her. But isn't that always the way with books? That's what makes reading so good.

A couple of nights ago I had a peculiar dream...and without getting into it (I'm not sure who reads my blog these days) a lot of my thoughts and feelings about the current state of things got sorted out all over one night's sleep. Not to sound like a hippie or anything, but it was kind of freeing. Now that I know how I feel (and I realize that sounds dumb) and I know what my courses of action are I just have to decide what I want to do and then do it.

In other news, mg2.0 hasn't called again since he left to pick up something in Sacramento last week. Has he been detained at the border? Started stalking someone new? Call me weird but I'm kind of worried about the guy.

Comments