Are you ready?

Sounds like Ang has already been knocked down this season. I have not gotten a flu shot, but I've never bothered with a flu shot before. They say this year's going to be a toughie, but don't they always say that? I think I'll take my chances, I rarely get sick. *knock on wood*

What about the cold? I took my down puffy jacket out of the closet on Monday and I don't regret it. I thought I would look like a rookie Calgarian dressing so warmly so soon, but with the windchill factor out there I'm glad I've got my cuddly snuggly jacket. I don't care if it makes me look massive. I'm warm.

How about Christmas shopping? I did a bit on Monday...wandered around Uptown. There had been a shirt Civic and I came across at Purr that I thought my brother would adore, but of course all the stores are closed by the time we hit Uptown Friday nights. I contemplated grabbing a hot chocolate at Caffe Beano but we had just had our fix on the Friday before. Manie's had reopened so Civic and I went over there for dinner before Daisy met up with us for hot chocolate. Mmmm, I love Manie's pizza. It was too bad I had a miserable appetite all week. They've brought in a belly dancer, which I thought was great fun. It's a little awkward when she tries to make conversation with you while you're having dinner, though. Great way to start the weekend, at least. Civic and I had had a rough week.

Along the veins of getting ready: I had a physical with my doctor on Monday. I had a whole list of things I was going to ask him about. Referral to a breast reduction surgeon? Check. (You see? Getting the ball rolling. You should all be proud.) Prescription for some massage? He didn't indulge me :( but said I could come back complaining about a sore back sometime. And, uh, a prescription for the pill... It was kind of a sad question to ask but I figured, you know, I may as well be prepared for the future.

So now I have an appointment with him for next Wednesday to discuss all the alternatives. Oy vey.

And since I was already at the professional building I figured I'd get my chest x-ray done and out of the way (the Tom Baker sent me a requisition to get it done before my checkup in March.) As usual I had to put on that lead apron thing around my waist. The tech lady asked me if there was any chance I might be pregnant and I got all flustered. I'm sure it was just standard questioning but for once I could not say with absolute certainty that I wasn't. I mean, we were careful, but there's always that small chance, right? So I blurted out a meek "I don't think so" but my uncertainty probably worried her since she then asked "Are you trying to get pregnant?" At least I could answer that question clearly.

The next day I went back to do the bloodwork for my physical. I would have done it all in one shot but I noticed this time I had to fast before they did the needle-poking. I wonder what the difference is? Anyway, it was a pain in the butt since I had to get up early and get it done before work.

I've noticed that I'm getting quite a few hits from people looking for info on "adenoid cystic carcinoma." I wish I had had this blog back when it all started. It would have been great to record everything I went through at the time, if only to help others out in the future. If you are looking for a bit more about what to expect and what it's like please see Kelly's blog. She's one of the reasons I started blogging, too, but at least she has more detail about her experiences. Her story with ACC is practically identical to mine, though I let my lump continue on for much longer before getting it checked...and hers I believe was in her left parotid while mine was in my right. Bonus is she is/was a nurse so she knows more of how to explain things.

Comments