Day off

Tomorrow's my day off, but everyone knows that days off don't really exist. It's the only time when I can catch up on the rest of my affairs. Ridiculous.

Part of my to-do list is my "conversation" with my doctor tomorrow regarding which "pill" or other form I should take. I thought it'd be fairly straightforward, but his receptionist called me this morning regarding one of my tests from my physical last week. Apparently the results came back from the lab saying I should take the test again in 3 months. I asked the receptionist if there was something wrong with my results but all she said was that it was the note attached to my results. So my imagination ran wild again. How ironic that I'm looking into methods to keep me from getting pregnant and (worst comes to worst) it turns out I will never conceive my own child, anyway. Must think positive. I'm sure if it was really bad my doctor would have called me in. And besides, I can ask him about it on the side tomorrow.

I have to take another trip Uptown tomorrow. As much as I love the district, it's getting pretty annoying stopping by the piercer's on my days off only to find out that he's sick/off that day. Nothing's wrong with my nose, or nothing that I can see. It's just supposed to be a standard check-up on how it's healing and all that a month after I got it done. I hope to finally have it over with tomorrow.

Tomorrow tomorrow tomorrow. Then there's laundry, house cleaning, returning some purchases, stopping by Posie's work for lunch and dropping off brochures...it's almost better to just spend another day at work! But work's a zoo, too. Can't win, huh?

But you've got to love the holidays. :) Right now I'm hating the malls, and that's a real change for me. I'll head out on a mission to buy something but the minute I step into the shopping mob I'm no longer in the mood. But the baking is fun. We decorated our home last week and it makes me happier. I got to decorate my workplace...mind you some of the decorations weren't to my liking, but at least it's looking festive. I brought in a couple of my favorite holiday CDs and, on rotation with Madonna's Confession on the Dance Floor (so seasonal, I know), it's keeping me peppy at work. Still have to work on my Christmas cards, though.

Mmmm. Christmas is coming. I think tomorrow calls for some hot chocolate.

Comments