Holiday hoopla

I'm proud to say I did not exploit the mall's insanely late Friday night shopping hours. I was in and out of there by 9:15, only 15 minutes past their normal closing time. However, that also means that I did not finish my shopping. The big problem with shopping in a very popular mall is that the things you want are all sold out or selection is severely lacking. So tomorrow (I swear that's it, it's tomorrow or never) I'm headed to one of the city's less busy malls to finish up my shopping. It's what I should have done right from the beginning...except that it is completely out of my way.

Saturday was my company Christmas party. As irony would have it my Christmas present was a 50 dollar gift card to my previous employer. Yeesh. But hey, 50 dollars is something. Me and my colleagues never bothered going to our Christmas party with the old company and there you were lucky if your name was drawn for a 10 dollar scarf.

I found out my coworkers are fans of Saturday Night Fever, which predictably makes me ecstatic! I got all of them and their husbands out onto the dance floor for Staying Alive. Hehe. The food was amazing, and the venue was pretty nice. I made a mental note of it as a future suggestion for Posie's party planner/wedding planner career. Apparently during the summer months there's a gazebo out back that backs out to the Bow River; lots of weddings happen there. Who knew?

The Phenoms played against NE Express today. Unfortunately, they lost. I'd love to blame it on Lana's dad since the little family came to watch the game and Lana's godfathers aren't on the best of terms with him. Actually, any encounter with her dad makes for awkward times. But it could have easily been poor luck today. During the first half there were 14 baskets that stubbornly never went in. It was all kind of unreal. Oh well, I'm still proud of them. Despite all the shots that didn't get in we only trailed by 11 points. I'm sure we'll face them again during the playoffs.

Comments