Just give me 15 minutes

One night the other week my parents decided to finally get everyone organized for photos to send out with our Christmas cards. I whipped downstairs and did my makeup and had started to do my hair when they called me back upstairs (we're pretty low maintenance, it doesn't take us long to get ready). Shoot! Only one side of my hair was done!

So in all the pictures I'm angled to one side. Haha. At least it's my good side.

This started the typical pleading from my mom. "Why can't you fix your hair more often? At least put powder everyday before work...you look pretty that way."

I'm not going to argue with her. I do feel a lot snazzier when I bother to deal with my hair and makeup. I just can't push myself to spend those extra waking minutes dolling myself up.

But maybe if I did I'd entice more interesting guys than mg2.0. Haha.

So for everyone else who has a lot of photo sessions to do this holiday season, a few tips I've learned from friends and around:

  1. To avoid that nasty double chin -- jut your whole head forward from your neck a bit, angle your head a bit, then chin down. (An old coworker passed on those words of advice last time us girls got together for our holiday party last year.)
  2. I read somewhere that if you want to appear more sincere, show them the left side of your face. Also, apparently, the left side of your face is also the younger-looking side.

Weird thing is, I prefer my right side most days.

Comments