All-in

Hope you all survived the holidays. It's amazing, isn't it? It doesn't matter how much work you put into preparing for Christmas and New Year's, it doesn't compare to how much energy goes into just enduring the holidays. Somedays we were visiting/entertaining 3 different families at 3 different times. And then the poker! Us "kids" went into a poker frenzy. Till 6 in the morning, 4 in the morning, day after day after day.

And the food! *groans* If you don't eat it now, or send it home with your visitors, you have to eat it tomorrow, and the next day, and the next day. And then of course when you visit other houses, they send food home with you. It never ends!

My first post of 2006, and I can't think of anything more clever to say. :)

It was a pretty quiet NYE. Daisy and I had tickets for Limerick's, but I ended up at Spydermonkey's house with no way to get out and meet up with her so the tickets became a write-off. I'm sure she wasn't very impressed, I wasn't very impressed either. But I made the best of it. Plus, it's been a few years since I've ushered in the new year with my family and family friends. It seemed to be the trend. Our poker posse all stayed at their respective houses until after the countdown and then only after midnight did we meet up and start our poker game.

Tonight we played poker yet again. This time I came in second, so I must be getting better. :) I adore the pink set Daisy gave me for Christmas. It's just so much more me playing with pink chips.

Comments