:(

I think my little nose-piercing adventure will be coming to an end even quicker than I had anticipated.

I don't regret getting it anymore (remember when I wasn't so thrilled with the look the weekend after getting it done?) but I've always said I could also live with or without it. But I always thought I'd keep it at least until my birthday this year. Just so I could have a birthday with my nose pierced.

The problem lies in the fact that my annual MRI is scheduled for this Tuesday. When I first had my nose done the piercer assured me that it would be alright to replace my nostril screw with a retainer temporarily for the procedure. Unfortunately, there is no piercer available where I got it done until March 15th...and calling around I haven't met with much luck finding a retainer. As a last resort I called back to Divine (my piercing place...and a great vintage store) and asked them if they had any retainers. Even if they didn't have someone who could do the swap for me at least I would have the retainer to figure out myself. Although they did have the retainers the clerk (who got hers done at pretty much the same time as me) let me know that, from her experience, I should be fine just taking out my screw for an hour or so, and she talked me through how to do it when the time came. But I've read that even nostril piercings that have completely healed (1+ years) could close up in even 10 minutes or less....and that it can be fairly painful to reinsert the jewelry since the hole does not stretch much. Not only that but it's a sketchy situation since, due to the "newness" of my piercing I could still scar or damage the healing tissue and blah blah.

And that was never part of my nose-piercing adventure plans.

So I figure I'll take it out before my MRI, and if it was painful taking it out, and if it looks like the hole is going to be a mother for reinserting my screw then I'll just kiss my pierced-nose look goodbye. It was great while it lasted anyway, and I'm glad I have that memory in my books now. But if it doesn't look/feel too problematic then I may slip it back in. Though I'm really scared about moving on from this chapter in my life with an unsightly scar or bump.

Comments