Lock it up, Rufus

That title has no relevance to today's post. Moving on...

I had my MRI on Tuesday morning. Like I had planned I kept my piercing in until I got to the hospital and check-in. So an hour before my exam I got prepped to take it out.

In the bathroom was this Psycho Woman -- and I say this with a lot of contempt -- who was reading the newspaper at the sinks. She wasn't waiting for anyone, the stalls were empty, she just stood there with the paper on the counter, reading. So I waited a couple of minutes until it became clear that she wasn't going anywhere. Couldn't she read outside in the waiting area? She made no sense! Begrudgingly I stood over the sink next to her and starting working on removing my nostril screw. Maybe she would have left soon but I wasn't going to take the chance on having to rush and remove it 'cuz who knew how long it would take for me to take it out gently.

She looked over at me and watched me fuss with my nose for a second but, and here's what bothered me, she still did not move. She didn't offer up the counter or leave, she just kept standing there reading. I realize I could have asked her if she would mind relinquishing the space for a little while, but I guess I just woke up on the wrong side of the bed. I preferred her behaving all dumb and selfish and giving me something to be mad about than bothering to ask her to move.

I'm sure you can predict what happened next: I got my piercing out and in painfully. vivid. slow. motion. my piercing slipped from my fingers and clattered in the sink and down the drain.

I gave an overdramatic gasp. Look what the b*tch made me do!!! Again she just looked over at me stupidly.

Looking back on the scenario I could have laid a paper towel over the sink to keep it from falling down the drain...but the automatic faucet might have activated so that wouldn't have made much of a difference. Not to mention it would still be the end of my pierced days due to the piercing getting all dirty, but at least I would have my screw as a souvenir today.

But in the end it wouldn't have mattered anyway. Not that she's excused from what happened in the bathroom...but my MRI ended up starting an hour later than scheduled so my piercing would have been out for 3 hours. A write-off by that point. The two hours I had budgeted for my exam was a gamble as it was.

So that was my Tuesday, how was yours?

Weird Kid and I split a Bluetooth dongle for our phones. It was only 40 bucks so 20 each, and given that I adore my little gadgets (my hot iPod mini and The Hotness SE Z520a) I figured it was worth it just so I could doll up my phone at whim.

Yesterday was salsa class. I met another great dance pal. This could be me being vain but I think he dug me. Again, I reiterate that I did not join this class to "meet guys" but at least I get to know some guys who love to dance. He wasn't the best but he wasn't the worst, either, and the two of us got to practice together quite a bit at the end of class so I helped him clear up some of the steps.

OH! I got to be the demonstrator with our instructor for our class "challenge" and, dare I boast, I got kudos for following all his tricks/leads to a T! And all this after I got chastised by Grandpa Salsa for "thinking (so) much" that I was misinterpreting his lead. He was right, though. I was so focused on getting the steps right that it overcomplicated things and I read him all wrong. And yet, under the scrutiny of the entire class and with our instructor no less, I shined. I strive to be the instructor's pet, haha. I want to challenge the other stellar salsera (another Filipina, to boot!) to a dance off. :)

But back to my new salsa pal. He said I was "one of the few women who actually lean back and give some tension." Sounds completely insane out of context, and it's a weird compliment to give a girl, but I'll take it.

So I'm happy that I've made another salsa buddy, and it's not like I didn't pay my dues. I had to dance with the Salsa Nazi yet again. *groan* But in other wicked news their next Salsa Party falls on MY BIRTHDAY! Hooray! I wonder if my family would do that for my birthday outing this year.

Comments