Love all around

My family came home last night all safe and sound. Hooray!

And to welcome them home I prepared quesadillas and fish tacos. Yum. I kind of cheated, though, since the night before I had a quesadilla/margarita/poker night with my friends. Not that I fed my family leftovers, but all the fixings were already chopped up and ready to go for them.

I've got so many new purses and shoes it's like Christmas all over again. Heehee. And yes, I got some new knockoff bags, too. Styles.

And now the pressure is on me to go "home" and visit. I understand, it's been over 15 years since the last time I went to the Philippines, but it's so hard to get away. And I can't really afford a month off the way we usually do when we go there. It doesn't mean I don't want to go. Hardly. Maybe I should just suck it up and go for the two weeks. It may not be much but it's something.

And in other matters of love, I think this will be the first Valentine's Day in years where I don't have a dinner date set up. I blame it on the fact that I've barely been online at all this past month...I'm usually upstairs hanging out with my grandma on "house arrest." I'm going to sound like a golddigging opportunist, but it used to be so easy -- as a woman -- to get a free meal on Valentine's Day. Especially online. 2 weeks before V-Day all the lonely guys pop out of the woodwork searching for a date for the big night. It's not like I order the lobster, come on now. I've been lucky in that the evening has never been too painful to endure. Same thing happens around Christmas, all the "lonely" guys start trolling...but I don't do Christmas dates. It's hard enough trying to fit in all the family over the holidays, let alone trying to entertain a newcomer/stranger.

So no dinner for me tomorrow, but I've already got plans. I've always wanted to have a heart-shaped pizza for Valentine's Day. I figure if my family's up for it then I can spend some time with them tomorrow night. I've missed them so much.

Other not-so-stellar news: I made an appointment with my doctor to get off of this Alesse b.s. It is as if every side effect that could possibly happen is happening to me...and I tell you it's just not worth it, in my opinion. My vision has gone all wonky, I'm sure I've gained weight, boobs have gotten even more ridiculous, my arms ache sometimes (they say that could be a hint of a blood clot...that kind of scares me) and other, er, girl issues. The girl issues are the worst of it. That and my eyesight. (Also, and I know I'm pushing the envelope of what I can and cannot say on here, my d r i v e has been pretty much non-existent...and that is really hard for me to accept. Besides, what's the point of those pills if you don't feel like getting it on?) I can't wait to be back to normal. I always knew I'd never be a fan of those things.

Comments