Blast from the past

Some things never change, huh? And in the relative scheme of things that means I'm even better off than I thought.

A co-worker/pal from back in the day called a couple of nights back. It's been so long since her and I have had any time to hang out together. Anyway, the conversation turned to how I'm now taking salsa lessons which in turn evolved into a discussion about SoHo. And so she says:

"Yeah, I was there a couple of Saturdays ago. What's-his-face was there...back to his old tricks, huh?"

As I've mentioned before, none of my friends ever really liked him...but I'm an Aries and we're bullheaded like that.

Anyway, I know my friend knows I don't hang with him anymore...but I DON'T think I ever told her that he's got a kid in tow now and, last I cared to hear, was engaged no less. So, although her mention of him somewhat piqued my curiosity I figured I didn't need to give her another reason to validate her opinion of him...let alone I wanted to avoid any mentions of "I told you so."

What's funny is, and I remember this clearly, the last day I spent with said guy and his fiancee he turned to me all giddy and "bragged" that he hadn't been to SoHo since he met her. I have no idea why that would be something to brag about. You all know that I love SoHo 'cuz people go there for the love of the music and the dancing...it's not a hookup bar, which is refreshing. But he made it obvious with his admission that he was at SoHo for all the wrong reasons.

While I am feeling great that I'm not stuck in that mess, I'm also proud that Bizkette and A-Girl never went for his shenanigans either. Talk about working your way through the social circle. It was like some sort of square dance until he found someone who would stick with him.

But geez, enough about that, SALSA UPDATE SALSA UPDATE SALSA UPDATE!

Only 3 more dance classes left, and I'm sad about that. BUT! The new schedule is up and I'm so hooked I'm going to take another course this semester. What truly interested me was a "bootcamp" where they prep you for competition amongst those your level. I admit, "Dancing with the Stars" has me itching for that competition scene but without a regular dance partner to actually compete with I can't exactly sign up. I was thinking of bringing it up with my latest salsa buddy -- he may not be the best but he's got the greatest attitude towards dancing that I've seen thus far -- but I saw a moody side of him this past week and I can't really be bothered with moody boys like that. When we got to dance together he was still all charming and pouring on the compliments (cheesy ones like "you've got the moves!" but I attribute it to him possibly being an exchange student from somewhere else) but something must have happened to him between when we danced and the end of the lessons 'cuz when I seeked him out for practice time looked over at me and then proceeded to sit down in the middle of the dance floor. Not even off to the side in a proper chair! At first I thought he might have hurt his ankle or something but all of a sudden he got up and started a discussion with his friend. Bah, I had other plans anyway and the sooner I finished class the earlier I could start the rest of my evening. So no practice for Leah this week. :(

But I was back to being able to follow Salsa Grandpa's lead!

Comments