It's all just a little bit of history repeating.

It's definitely Spring, a season I love. Time for change, metamorphosis, rejuvenation, all that jazz. But somethings don't seem to change much. Or if they do it's in a cycle.

I had decided I had had enough with growing out my hair. Time for a haircut, as I'm always apt to do around my birthday. So, chop chop. That same night I was showing someone a picture of me and my friends from 7 years ago and wouldn't you know it my hair is pretty much identical to that picture. Which also made me wonder how whenever I go to a stylist looking for a completely fresh new look...something different that I've never done before, it never fails to look pretty much the same. The whole rounded bob business. I guess that's just what works for me and all the stylists seem to come to that consensus.

That same night a guy from back in the day was back in super-flirt mode. The problem with him is I don't know if he's just doing some harmless flirting or if he's seriously looking to hookup. He has someone, he told me this himself. I've even reminded him of that fact before. Is he really that much of a jerk? Say it isn't so! :( I know it's typical of guys to try and get it wherever, whenever, and from whomever they can...but I had figured he was a savvier, more mature, guy than that. Disappointment abounds. I'm also hurt that he'd think I'd play along. I'm not disposable like that. It's too bad he never saw more in me.

But he's not the only one. Apparently Posie has had to deal with a "blast from the past" recently, too. Uncannily enough, he's even behaving a lot like my buddy. But unlike mine, his intentions were blatantly clear...even when challenged with the "gf" word. (Yeah, I didn't challenge mine. I just shrugged it off and played dumb.) So one could say hers was the bigger pig. Not that she would go run off with him but it also made her admit that her current relationship (not the pig) isn't the forever-and-ever-amen deal and she doesn't know how long she'll keep up with it. Spring follies. Everyone wants a change. And all I was looking for was a new haircut.

Comments