Enter...

The scene: a half-empty C-Train car. Girl in black trench and copper purse (that'd be me) sits in an empty booth and settles in for the commute to work.

Young exec-type guy enters the booth and sits right across from me.

Quick survey of mr exec: dark barely pinstriped suit, blue tie, blue dress shirt, well-groomed au courant hairstyle, leather laptop attache on the seat beside him.

I don't know what it was about him, but he had my attention. Obviously he wasn't hideous, but he just seemed like your run-of-the-mill bean counter.

And yet I was turned on. Truth be known I love suits. I love guys in suits. But then again I love guys in military uniforms, hockey uniforms, casual wear. I suppose there aren't many "types" of guys that I would pass on wholeheartedly. Punks are one definite that comes to mind. Aaaaanyway...

So young exec guy is sitting across from me and I can't stop from stealing glances at him. His lips looked yummy, he smelled nice. I tried to focus on looking out the window, but it was just so boring compared to him.

He was reading Dose. Alright fine, so it's not the New York Times or the daily stock market writeups...but I could pretend. Besides, I read Dose. He's young.

And then he slowly...seductively...unbuttoned his suit jacket.

Oh. My. God. He had no idea. Such a simple action, he probably didn't even think much of it, and it was driving me insane inside.

After that all I could think of was him continuing on as if he were home at the end of the day. Loosening his tie, undoing his cufflinks, unbuttoning his shirt, undoing that belt...

Ties and belts could be really useful.

My stolen glances probably got more furtive. If he had noticed I wouldn't have blamed him if he got creeped out. Thankfully he didn't seem to sense anything amiss.

Then that's when it hit me. His ears are kid of square. Like "boxy" square, with pointy corners even. Fantasy shattered. That's all it took.

And mercifully for the both of us he got off the train.

Comments