Zone

The past few years the house several doors down from mine has been rented out to a rotation of university guys. Majority of whom are ridiculously good-looking. A "hottie house," if you will.

Then last summer I was taking a stroll to my friendly neighborhood Tim Horton's and I noticed another house down-the-way was inhabited by yet another group of ridiculously good-looking muchachos. So, you know, at this point I was beginning to wonder if I had not somehow been transported to some kind of hottie community. A hottie zone.

Surely this would generate an increase in real estate value. Desperate housewives have no idea what they're missing. So far, knock on wood, my neighborhood is cougar-free.

Sunday, more proof of the hottie zone: I was waiting for my bus (I'm taking another salsa class. Like you're all really surprised!) when this gorgeous, hot Euro kind of guy leans against the sound barrier waiting for the bus with me.

Where did this guy come from? I had been reading my book up to about half a minute ago. Does he live at the hottie house?

So, behaving like a stalker, I tried to keep tabs on the guy as we got off the bus and hopped on the train, but alas he got onto a different car than mine. This was mostly due to the fact that he stood at the other end of the platform secretly smoking a cigarette.

A bazillion demerits deducted from his hottie total.

Salsa class was brilliant. Guys still don't know how to lead, but this is a new batch and we're starting from the very beginning. I just have to keep that in mind and have patience.

On the way home I called up my familia and asked them if they wanted to meet up for our Sunday coffee. My brush with hottie-ness was all but forgotten.

But THEN as my dad starts to park in front of our house a familiar red soccer jersey is walking down the block across the street. It was Euro hottie. I craned my neck and followed him with my eyes, waiting to see what house he turned into. And what do you know, he lives across the street.

This neighborhood is insane. And to think I've grown up here.

Comments