Deal or no deal

A really steadfast dealbreaker for me at my age are guys who are divorced already I’m sure my opinion will change as I get older, but for a guy to have married and divorced before even hitting 30 cries out “foul” in my mind. And of course you never get the whole story, usually it’s only his side. But somehow at some point they fell apart. Maybe they were reckless and got married too soon or maybe they just grew apart from one another. In any case it doesn’t give me a very wise and mature impression of the guy.

Why am I telling you this? Remember that one hot TA in my salsa class? My crush on him grows bigger by the week. I must have a giddy look on my face whenever I get to practice with him. What can I say? It feels so good to be dancing in the arms of someone who knows what he’s doing and is damn good at it. I peg him at early 30s, tops. Smart dresser, smells nice, confident dancer. Although it’s poor dance form I notice I move my body closer and closer to him each time. Still a tad conceited, but in my mind that’s better than being with a wishy-washy pansy.

I made some idle chitchat, complimenting him on his necklace and asking about the competitions he’s won (if there’s anything I’ve learned in dating so far it’s how to deal with big-headed guys to make them like you more: be interested in all his ego-centric babble). Naturally he was more than eager to give his responses, even tossing in that he’s Ukrainian but his necklace is some sort of Irish symbol for strength and unity (which would explain why it has similar traits to the Irish loveknot necklace Daisy brought me back from her travels.)

I didn’t take up all his time, although there are some other girls who do vie for some practice time with him. Competition, haha, and they’re pretty obvious about it.

Flag girl had practice time with the hottie TA, too. But the info SHE learned from him threw me into a dilemma.

He’s got an ex-wife AND kids. *bites her lip* At his age!!!

Which would, at least in my mind, explain the corny sense of humor. The cheesy jokes that I giggled at to make him feel more charming. Guh. I bet he watches Trailer Park Boys, too. A man-child with a marital history already. The dealbreaker of ALL dealbreakers. Would it even be worth it?

I just wanna dance.

Comments