Heat wave

Wow, it's May and already it's way too hot out there. I foresee a very whiny Leah this season. So much for the tropical blood of my forefathers, huh?

My word of the moment has been "pansy." Have you seen Madagascar? Sascha Baron Cohen as the Lemur King? Remember how he says "pansy?" Yeah, say it like that. Fun, no?

Civic and I were discussing the other day how a dear friend of ours is generally attracted to scrawny, androgynous-type guys (pansies) whereas I would most likely be keen on guys who could break these pansies in half.

Pansy-wompers.

Big muscles, big voices, NO long hair or anything girl-like whatsoever. Boxing trumps yoga. Wear pink and you're out, I don't care if it's en vogue right now.

The gospel according to Leah. You may be a pansy if:

  • You have no mind of your own. You can't even share an opinion with me. Worse still, you have to ASK me what my opinion is so that you can have an opinion. I am practically starved for an honest-to-goodness debate these days. If I can't tolerate a yes-man at work then it goes without saying that I wouldn't accept a yes-man in my personal social circle.
  • This also applies to my likes and dislikes. Get some interests of your own! I enjoy having common interests, don't get me wrong, but if you all of a sudden turn out to like/hate every single thing that I adore/detest then I will simply have to assume that you are mindless. I can't have any of that.
  • You can't "be a man." I'm not expecting you to get into a full-out bar brawl but if someone is threatening to hit you (not sure when this scenario would occur, but work with me here) and your instinctive response is to threaten them with a lawsuit, assault charge, or the like then I will also assume that you have no cojones. If I can throw a better punch than you then I'm completely uninterested. And it doesn't have to be all brawn, right? James Bond can look pretty wussy but he can kick ass and thus get all the ladies.

Hm, I'm not even sure where I was going with all of this now, haha. Anyway, moral of the story is this: pansies need not apply.

Comments