Long weekend = short work week

Good stuff.

We didn't go away for the long weekend, but we still managed to get together and do a lot. Lots of togetherness. Lots of good times.

Friday, Weird Kid and I caught an early show of The DaVinci Code. I am quite impressed that they stayed pretty true to the novel, although Weird Kid pointed out that those who haven't read the book might find it a bit confusing. Still, it was fantastic but I still don't see Tom Hanks when I envision Robert Langdon. Oh well.

Then, we had sushi at Tokyo Garden. Yummm. A friend of Spidermonkey's takes his whole wad of wasabi and mixes it with his soy sauce. It's incredible. I am the type of person who can't even handle a dot of wasabi.

Saturday, us siblings and our friends went to watch Over The Hedge (the fact that these two movies opened on the same weekend caused quite a dilemma for us). That movie was adorable! Steve Carell as Hammy was fantastic!

Then, we had cheesecake at the Cheesecake Cafe. Again, yummmm. (As you can see, I was going to have to pay dearly at the gym sometime in the near future.)

Sunday was salsa class. I soooo showed up our instructor when he picked me for a demonstration, heehee. I'm not saying I made him look bad, but I was definitely more rocking than he and the rest of the class was expecting, I'm sure. The downside? After that display I was a bit hurting for guys to practice with. Intimidated? Perhaps. BUT I got to dance with the one hot TA in our class (and I say ONE hot TA since all the other TAs are kind of getting up there in age). Not only is he easier on the eyes but he also ranked first in his competition the night before. In my mind that makes him the best to be had in our class...and I do deserve the best. Too bad there's another girl in our class competing for his attention.

Later that night we went to Phillip's Forbidden Flavors for ice cream (yummm part 3) and walked up and down 17th. Being that it was Sunday quite a few establishments closed early for the evening...but I suppose summer hours are not yet in effect. We ended up the evening at Classic Jack's where these two guys at the table next to ours queried Civic, Daisy and I on whether or not penguins and ostriches are birds or mammals. I will admit right here and now that I did not take biology in high school (I'm a chem and physics girl) but I recall that we did cover the differences in the animal kingdom way back in junior high. Wouldn't you know it, I couldn't pull up the knowledge for the life of me. Common sense said they were birds, but those two guys kept questioning us and breaking down our confidence in the matter. Honestly, I was getting swayed. And with no hard proof or statistic as to why penguins and ostriches are, without a doubt, birds I was feeling shaky about my convictions. I even texted a bright guy I know to see if he could settle this with hard info at 1 in the morning but needless to say he didn't come to my rescue that late at night. Truth be told he must have thought I was a ditz since he didn't even humor me the next day with a reply. Plus I felt stupid for even asking him so I sent another text saying I had it all sorted out.

So today I paid for all the yummy treats of the past weekend at the gym with Latina and her hubby. Today was "Legs day." I'm sure I'll feel it tomorrow, which is why I love working out with those two. Masochistic? Perhaps. But at least you know something is working.

However, then we killed off all that good work. Latina and hubby, Civic and his adorable doggie, and I drove down to Cochrane for some fabulous Mackay's ice cream. Flavor of the day was Halo Halo, much to Civic's and my surprise (a Filipino shaved ice dessert...served in ice cream form in the middle of white-bred Alberta?), but when I got to the counter to order us some of it they were all sold out. So I ended up getting Civic a Dutch Apple Pie (you simply can't go wrong) and I got myself a Tiramisu. So. Good. Back to the gym on Wednesday though.

Like I said, lots of togetherness. Lots of good times. I can't wait to have my bike up and running. It's just too bad that we have to work tomorrow. But at least it's only four days!

Comments