Not a puppet, but still a clown

Saturday night. Flag girl, Daisy, and I decided to go out dancing. It had been ages since I had gone out dancing wholeheartedly. On my birthday I was exhausted. On Posie's birthday I was under the weather. Finally! A night to just go out and groove with the best of them.

And with that evening comes a new bonehead boy story. Again, it's been ages since I've had a new bonehead boy story to share with all of you!

As always, my story begins out on the dance floor. I'm dancing, doing my thing, yadda yadda. Guy starts making his way over, trying not to be obvious, yadda yadda. Next thing I know, his hands are on my hips and he's grinding with me from behind.

Typical.

Now, if you're thinking "uh oh, this is one of those stories where Leah doesn't set the boundaries again" you'd be partially correct.

True, I had seen him coming up. I could have dismissed him right from the start. But, excuse me for repeating myself, I had not been out dancing in ages. I figured what harm could he do? (Feel free to NOT answer that.)

As luck would have it, he was pretty harmless. Yes, hands were wandering but it wasn't anything I couldn't swat off. It was when he slid his hands up my throat and TWISTED my face over for a kiss...that's when my patience ran thin. (An observant young man with Flag Girl later told me that night that he had told Flag Girl that I looked pretty bored with mr bonehead).

I quickly pulled his hands off my face and backed away. But somehow he didn't get the memo.

Dude was short, so when he wasn't wrestling with my visage to try and slip me some more tongue his lips were all over my neck and shoulders. Hell, he even kissed my arms. Who does that on the dancefloor?

I was starting to feel nauseous. I can't even exaggerate that fact. And I know it couldn't have been the drinks since I only had one vodka-coke that night. I never knew one sad little guy could make me feel so physically ill. That has never happened before. So, I broke off completely. I swatted his hands off of me and went to join my friends on the corner of the stage.

Unfortunately for mr bonehead, he still didn't get the hint. At one point I was even dancing with my back to the railing and he was still trying his best to get in behind me. Daisy couldn't help but laugh, while I couldn't help but be pissed off that I was associated with this clown.

I pulled the classic girl-fake: bathroom break with Daisy to lay down the game plan then away I slid unnoticed to the "meeting spot" while Daisy let Flag Girl know where I'd be. Thankfully I never ran into mr bonehead again. Hurrah for big clubs with plenty of hiding spots! Unfortunately, I couldn't get back onto the floor to enjoy any more of the evening's music. And the sick feeling I had just would not go away! The smell of his cologne was all over me like a ghost. I was half-tempted to give myself a makeshift sponge bath in the bathroom just to rid myself of it all.

Note to clueless guys: when a girl leaves you out on the floor on your own that means "interaction time" is now over. It doesn't mean "try harder" or "come and get some more of this." It means you've been dismissed, and if you had any self-esteem or pride you'd walk away and act like she was nothing. I know that's what I would do. This is not one of those cases where persistence pays off.

Comments