"Just like me, they long to be close to you."

So last Friday the Usual Suspects and I had our "routine" unwind at Caffe Beano. "Routine" is in quotations for a reason I shall discuss later.

As per usual, we closed the place down, but that's not very hard to do when it's Friday night and only midnight. When we stepped outside there was a scooter at the door and this got everyone talking about everything from fuel efficiency to how it looked kind of mucky (my contribution, what can I say? Scooters should look impeccable and stylish, not mucky...though Daisy said later about Civic saying something about how this vehicle wasn't technically a scooter or something. Whatever, it's cute and small and can take me around town.) Naturally, right before I'm about to say something about how it looks junked the owner steps out and sits on the bench behind us. So now the boys are all talking to him about fuel efficiency and blah di blah. Us girls just stood around waiting for them to wind up so we could head over to Classic Jack's (I had went to the gym straight from work and hadn't had anything to eat for dinner yet.) Little did I know that scooter-guy had someone else's attention: Daisy!

No kidding, I was absolutely clueless about how smitten she was with the fellow until she (with our encouragement) got up from our table at Classic Jack's, walked out of the pub and headed out to look for the guy!

(Later she admitted that she wasn't sure what she'd do if she found him - which unfortunately she didn't - other than she just wanted to sit with him. I am so not making this up, and this is a side of Daisy I have never seen before!)

It's not usually her style, but I was just amazed that the guy had such a strong impression on her...all that was said between the two was a "goodbye" when we walked away!

You can probably tell by my amazement that I have never met a guy that has had such an effect on yours truly. Just, wow, that's power right there, folks.

Anyway, I can only imagine that Caffe Beano will be our regular Friday night haunt for the next little while. Not that it wasn't before! Flag-girl brought up this thing she read about how "singles should develop a routine so that they have an opportunity to meet and become familiar with the same faces over time." Fine and dandy that, but what if you don't like the faces you have been seeing? Haha, I digress. And normally I roll my eyes at self-help mumbo jumbo like that, but I'm behind Daisy all the way on this quest. If only because I want to see how this pans out!

Our salsa class ended this past Sunday. Hottie Ukrainian TA guy was nowhere to be found *sigh.* He hadn't been to class for the past couple of weeks. If you were thinking of suggesting I pull a Daisy and go find Hottie Ukrainian TA guy I'd have to say "No." I'm not all that compelled.

On the other hand, I tend to compel pansies to come my way. There was Bus Guy, then on Friday I met Train Guy. After learning my Bus Guy lesson, I didn't give any personal details away. Anyway, dude was taking Kinesiology at the university and he was showing me this wheel charts and such regarding reflexology (which I'll admit is intriguing) and then aromatherapy and hydrotherapy and blah di blah (hippie stuff, naturally my mind shut down.) He's from BC, does that not explain SO much? They should make BC a hippie territory and all the little communes just converge into one big commune. Or is it a cooperative? I don't know, whatever. But I shouldn't be so harsh on the guy, he seemed really keen about what he was learning so good on him. It was just when he asked me if I was experiencing any ailments and whipped out his reflexology foot chart that I got kind of creeped. I'm not letting some random guy on the train rub my feet. It was bad enough when I went on that date with that foot fetishist guy. To each their own, but I was so self-conscious about him looking at my feet in that way that I wore penny loafers on our date. There was no bare-footage whatsoever on that date. At any rate, the Hippie Train Guy was pretty shy when he wasn't talking about his classes. So when another girl came and sat with us he pretty much clammed up and I got to read my book in peace for the rest of the commute.

Comments