Moving on up

Weird Kid, darling brother that he is, convocated last Tuesday. Obviously we're super proud of him. The stats make my family look good, not that that is what it's all about, but still. My parents produced two university graduates! I didn't really think much about it until my mom broke it down, seems like we're the only ones in the family circle (blood-wise) thus far.

And with that my brother treated himself to a new car as his reward. Not brand new, but it's still pretty snazzycakes. Not to mention it's his first stick-shift. Much better than I, that's for sure. It's fun riding around in his Infiniti, though.

All I've got to show for the past week is my new entertainment console. I'm building it all by myself, I might add. (Hopefully it can hold up my TV, haha.) Plus I got a bit of a raise so yay for me! It's not much compared to my brother Mr. Geophysicist :) but it was still cause for a smile.

As fate would have it I still haven't seen High Fidelity in all these years (don't judge!) despite having it in my DVD collection. I popped it in on Sunday but I was so pooped I couldn't keep my eyes open. Then on Monday, Weird Kid hogged the TV. But thanks to the little bit that I did manage to catch, I went out and bought the book. I had NO idea it was initially a novel. The fact that it's written by Nick Hornby, the guy who wrote About A Boy (a movie I absolutely couldn't stand) made me hesitate somewhat but I bought it nonetheless. And you know what? I LOVE IT. I wish I had discovered it earlier. It's one of those books that I have difficulty pacing myself with, I just want to devour it. So the fact that my commute home tonight took twice as long as it should (*grumble*) fazed me none whatsoever. It will be interesting to watch the movie after this. I could never understand why they always have to Americanize British shows/books...as if we would not accept them in their original versions or we're too dense to understand the differences in slang/lingo. Whatever.

In other entertainment news, I cannot wait until Nelly Furtado's new CD comes out. I can't get enough of that Promiscuous song! Nelly Furtado + Timbaland production can only = amazing hotness.

Comments