"Ballroom blitz"

I almost forgot! Saturday (the day at the Stampede) we sat at the ATCO Blue Flame Kitchen to rest our feet while Buzzards Cowboy Cuisine demonstrated how they cook some of their specialties. For all those who are not in the know, Buzzards is famous for their annual "Testicle Festival" which usually coincides with Stampede time in the city. So guess what they cooked up for us that day? Yeah.

I ate (albeit just a small sample, those puppies are big!) a pan-fried prairie oyster in gravy.

It's a lot chewier than I thought it'd be. Interesting. Perhaps since they did not pressure cook it. My mom makes a really good beef tongue dish but the tongue is so tender from pressure cooking that it practically just melts in your mouth. Not so with fried prairie oysters.

So there you have it, I've tasted a toro's cojones. And now, back to our studio!

Comments