*sigh*

So this morning the Usual Suspects, Weird Kid's crew, and I went to various Sport Chek locations across the city to get our tickets for the New Year's Eve game. Or so I thought. I would have never guessed that I would be denied. Weird Kid and friends have had such great success nabbing tickets for all the other games we've attended. Heck, I had tickets given to me for Christmas at the office Christmas party.

Whodathunk I would not be going to the NYE game. I was so picturing myself at that game with all my friends and family, the thought of not being in the Saddledome on that evening was a faraway joke.

Latina and I lined up half an hour before store opening and were 4 people away from getting tickets. Weird Kid and friends chose a Sport Chek with the shortest line and had the tickets run out one person ahead of them in line. Civic got to his store shortly after they opened and they were already sold out. Apparently people had started lining up since 6 in the morning.

At least I can console myself with the game this coming Tuesday. I also have to exchange my Iginla Christmas ornament. I brought him home, ready to hang it on the tree, and his hockey stick came out of the box in two pieces! Boooo.

Today was also the annual brunch with the Usual Suspects. Soooo full. Still. Seriously.

Friday was a successful shopping day. After work I had to wait for Civic and Daisy to get their stuff together so I killed time at one of my secret weapon shopping malls. There was a top I had seen at another store and of course they did not have my size left. My secret shopping mall did not disappoint me. I also, on a whim, went looking for a pair of shoes that I had seen in a magazine. Again my mall did not fail me. I am going to be soo adorable this Christmas!

Saturday was the birthday dinner of a little cousin. Alas, due to work I was not able to make it in time. So I ended up going out for dinner with Latina and then I came home, watched the rest of the game, slapped on some of my fave Christmas CDs, and set about doing some wrapping. Only way I could have made it any better would have been some yummy hot cocoa with macadamia nut liqueur. Mmm.

Alright, I actually had some thoughts I wanted to bounce off on here but this post is pretty much all fluff. Remind me to get back to it at another time. :)

Comments