A rose by any other name...

Remember Gagandeep? I know this is going to sound racist any way you look at it but...surely they realize how their names come across on an English tongue, right? I know it's a cultural pride sort of thing...but seriously.

Today the siblings and I were at a local retail giant (how's that for obscure?) and met a young man working the customer service end of things. His name?

Hardon

No lie. If only his name was hyphenated. And in relation to Gagandeep: what if Hardon had a surname such as Mandeep or something? Alright, I'm seriously crossing a line here, I know, but surely a surname such as Mandeep is not completely unlikely.

It's wrong to make fun of his name, I know, I know. But can you imagine the kind of customer comment cards you could write?

"Your Hardon is excellent."

"I wish all staff I have encountered were as impressive as your Hardon."

"I would highly recommend your Hardon to all my friends."

Alright, I'll stop. I'm just saying...

Comments