Double dutch

I think tag team dating would be a very good idea some days.

But then again, it didn't work out the one time I tried it out.

A long time ago, in a neighborhood not so far away, I met this guy. I thought he was great and we had lots to talk about...almost like a really good friend. That should've been a clue right there.

So finally we decided to meet up and go to a nearby mall (we were both going to the university at the time). We'd seen pictures of one another before, so I can't say that I was surprised. Unfortunately, something just wasn't there. At least for me it wasn't there. And thusly we remained friends.

But what struck me as incredible was that a lot of his travel experiences and musical tastes reminded me of another good friend of mine. A female friend. So, you know, a light bulb went off over my head.

I think I went about it the right way. I asked them both if they wouldn't mind me introducing them to one another. Neither objected, and as coincidence would have it he had been thinking of introducing me to one of his friends. (In the end, he never did introduce us.)

"Great!" I thought to myself. Two great people with loads in common, I think my dating will pay off in my buddies' favors.

Like in wrestling, I tagged her in and swapped out.

They didn't click. I still can't understand it. I think she was all for him, but tables turned and this time it was he who didn't feel a connection. At least they're both still my friends.

Ok, so that wasn't a successful account of tag-team dating. And to be honest, I haven't dated anyone since that I would say is a great match for any of my single buds. (That's 'cuz we're all so different from one another.) But on the off-chance that I do, I think I would be remiss if I don't at least give them the option/opportunity to meet.

Comments