I know what boys like

Ok, I don't really. I just find that song catchy.

Guys say they can't understand us, but of course the same is equally true of themselves. Our little urban singleton family helps to break it down for one another but still...there are never any hard and fast rules with either gender. It's always "just speculation."

So that whole previous paragraph is devoid of any substance.

But here's an example of how unpredictable things can be: I run into my favorite on the train. Great way to start the day! It was all just chit-chat but it was effortless and good times and it was so good to see him again.

Now here's the rub: we were already planning to get together two days later.

Two days later comes and we get to see one another again, this time it's planned. What happens? I have no clue! All I know is, all of a sudden, we're all awkward and the conversation keeps falling on the floor. Ugh. What was so different between then and two days before? Other than the previous meeting being a total surprise?

Annnd, dumbness of dumbness, I want to hug him but I can't. Is that not stupid? Maybe if I had met his girlfriend at some point...I don't know. I've known too many psychotic girlfriends; I don't want to ruin things for him just 'cuz I want a friendly hug.

Comments