You can't have it your way here!

So somehow I have lucked out and been to Falafel King twice AND I had my favorite calamari caesar at the gas station in the past couple of weeks. I do love me some Mediterranean cuisine.

We lucked out on our first trip to Falafel King as they were about to close in 15 minutes. I was not all that hungry, but I had not had a falafel in months and everyone knows I am horrible at denying myself something I want. So there you had it.

The prices at the gas station have gone up a dollar across the board. Who cares? I'll gladly pay it for the yummy yummy food. (I would tell you the name of the place, but it is a hidden city gem after all. If you haven't heard about it by now through newspaper articles and such through the years then it sucks to be you! Haha. Besides, we can't have you all rushing over and ruining a great thing. I hate it when that happens.) So good! And yes, my calamari was not in little heart shapes but I couldn't have asked for a more satisfying Valentine's Day meal.

Our second trip to Falafel King and I was better behaved. All I wanted was something little to nibble on. So I went for an order of baba ghanouj (oh baba, how I adore thee!) and decided to finally ask what a kibbie ball was. They didn't bother answering me 'cuz apparently they were already sold out of kibbie balls for the evening. Well alright then. I decided to ask for some baklava to end off my baba snack. No baklava, either! Guy says "I'm sorry my dear. Today has been crazy!" No kidding! You see what I mean about too many people ruining a great thing? I can't even get my own goodies to eat. So I asked for a mango juice instead. Mmmmm. I had never had one before but it was just as good as my mango bubble tea at Dessert House. Minus the pearls, of course.

While I'm on the subject of Mediterranean goodness: I am quite happy that the city has decided to exclude the shisha bars from the no-smoking bylaw. I have not gone to Cafe Mediterranean or any of the other local shisha bars in years, but I never considered shisha smoke to be as intrusive as cigarette smoke. I was a tad melancholy when I realized I may never get to try other shisha flavours again due to the bylaw, so the exemption was wonderful news. I think the city would miss out on a great cultural experience (should they opt to try it) if shisha smoke had been banned.

Comments