Boogie oogie oogie till I just can't boogie no more

My dance instructors have started up a new salsa night in the city. We were lucky enough to come out and support their grand opening. As an added bonus, the venue was a recently renovated establishment I have wanted to check out for a couple of months.

All I can say is that I hope they can keep this up. This evening was better than anything I have seen in Calgary thus far. No scuzzy guys, no sticky floors, everyone dressed like the sexy people they are. Better yet, everyone was there to dance, much like how SoHo started out, but since then SoHo has fallen down a couple of notches.

The dancing was AMAZING! It was inspiring and incredible to watch. A lot of our fellow classmates were there, as were many of the students in levels ahead of us. If I could progress to their levels I'd be ecstatic. I would love to go every week, particularly since our classes will be ending again for the semester soon, and it will probably be very easy to do once the summer hits, but I'll go as much as I can until then. I am so hooked. I have never really been one to try hard to fit in with a particular crowd, but if I could get to know more of the regular dancers at my school it would be amazing to get to try dancing with them every once in a while.

Comments