Hot or not

The Hotness is terminally ill.

The Hotness being my favorite cell phone.

I jumped on the chance to own The Hotness as soon as she was released in Canada. With all the research I did in my cell phone forums and such it was clear to me that I was destined to own a Sony Ericsson Z520a. We have had a wonderful life together and she has travelled with me to many lands. On my recent trip to the Philippines I bought a companion phone -- a Sony Ericsson Z610i which I christened Bebot -- to take some of the workload off of The Hotness.

Don't get me wrong, Bebot is shiny, sleek, and sexy. I love whipping her out whenever I see lemming RAZR owners out on the street. But even with her hot exterior, her bells and whistles just cannot hold a candle to how The Hotness and I were a match made for the ages.

Never wanting to be without her for a minute I kept putting off sending her away for a small software glitch, a minor inconvenience, until my extended warranty was (so I thought) about to expire.

Turns out I still had a year on my warranty, no biggie. What hurts me is that my beloved techie boys whom I trusted to take care of my cell phones for years, have defiled my most favorite phone of all. I have no way of proving it but I swear they hurt my phone. They claim there is water damage in The Hotness, making her warranty void and her "glitches" irreparable. She works for now -- save for some static here and there -- but "corrosion spreads."

I feel so lost knowing my favorite gadget is dying a slow death. At some point before I am ready we will have to part ways. I feel betrayed by my "favorite" techie boys. If only I could make a wish to a cell phone fairy somewhere out there. There is NO WAY I would ever let The Hotness get wet. They corrupted her somehow while she was in their care. Now both of us are paying the price.

Comments