Hot Child in the City

30+ pounds gone thus far! Size-wise I have turned back time a whole 10 years. I could not be happier right now, it is insanely encouraging.

Of course, with the new improved me comes even more confidence...like I really needed more of that! All the clothing options that I would not have even considered with my previous figure have me itching to go on a mad shopping spree; but all in due time. Already the "interim" pants and capris I bought a month to two months ago are starting to get baggy again. Some pants just look ridiculous on me now, Latina says she has to laugh since she thinks I look amusing in my baggy clothes. Particularly since I have never been one to wear baggy clothes to begin with.

I finally went on date number 2 with the dance fan. We'll call him Salsero. Yes, I know, going this long between dates sounds pretty sketchy; I see it, too. But if he's weighing out his other options right now (not saying he is, but it's a definite possibility) there isn't really much I can do but continue to shine and hope he takes notice.

He had been talking smack for months telling me he would someday wear me out on the dancefloor and last night he made good on his promise. :P He is an uber excellent dancer with insane stamina. After watching a movie together we did not get to SoHo until 11:30 and it was pretty much non-stop with him until last call. To maintain some pride I have to add that he would not have won his little challenge had I been wearing more comfortable shoes. :P

My problem with guys that I am interested in is my timing. Aidan being my prime example of this. (From hereon in I'll refer to Aidan as Berger for my own personal reasons) With Berger I played it cool for far too long and by the time I admitted how I felt he had already found himself someone else. It became a vicious cycle with him. He would come back around and admit he wasn't seeing anyone and I would again play it cool. Soon enough he would be with another girl. Mind you, I'm not naive. I realize he's treating me like some sort of backup plan, which is why I never run to him the moment he tells me he's available. Yet somehow I still hurt myself, MYSELF!!! by giving myself all this stupid false hope that maybe it is finally my turn at a shot with Berger. Anyway, enough about him, this is about my uber date with Salsero...

To summarize the last paragraph: timing is a big issue with me and guys that I like. To save face and avoid rejection I tend to let the guy call the shots the whole time I'm getting to know them. It does not help any that they can play this game just as well as I; their intentions or level of interest are usually not clear to me. Thankfully, Salsero gave me a clear signal for a go-ahead. After wondering during the movie about what he was thinking, was I just a friend to chill with, etc etc when in the middle of a dance at the club he picked up my chin and leaned in for a kiss. Well, that's all I needed! :P

Another issue of mine: Sadly I'm sure I am not known for keeping myself in check, physically-speaking, when it comes to having a bit of fun. On occasion I have been quite reckless. This time around I'm happy to report that we kept things PG-13. It could have easily gotten out of hand but it was all good. And I do mean ALL. GOOD. An older lady did come up to us and told (warned? Who knows what she meant at the time) him that we were putting on quite a show. But in my defense things didn't even really get all that hot until they left. There were moves he pulled on me that had me thinking "who does this guy think he is pinning me up like this on the dance floor?!" but in the end it was all so intoxicating. Here I was feeling fabulous from all my good work at losing weight, I had a hot guy with me at one of my favorite clubs, and he was only there to dance with me and NOONE else. It's enough to get to a girl's head. At one point, even, this random girl (and for the record, SoHo NEVER used to be the type of club where you would expect this kind of behavior going on. A place like such is called "Cowboys." Look it up.) started backing up against me, sandwiching me between her and Salsero and while Salsero chuckled about it...I'm sure most guys would appreciate that kind of attention...he must have also sensed that I was not feeling that kind of scene and kept her from getting closer to me.

On the flip side, it also felt kind of weird to only dance with one guy the whole night. His dancing skills did not leave me wanting for other partners, of course. But I realized I was pretty much "with" him for the evening be that good or bad, and pretty much all the other guys on the dancefloor knew it so chances of them even asking me (not that an opportunity ever presented itself) for a dance were pretty much nil.

After my feet started to surrender in protest we went and got our coats. I had worn a pair of heels taller than I usually wear when dancing since I hadn't hemmed my newest (and most flattering for the time being) pair of jeans so it made for a harder time on my legs on the dancefloor. I don't think my thighs have had that great of a workout in a really long time. We had a little more high school fun in his car before we started off for my house. I guess I will have to come up with a better analogy than that in the future...high school fun these days is certainly not the same kind of high school fun I was used to way back when. Gosh, I just dated myself there.

While it was still a great end to the evening I could not help thinking it was a little too smooth. He knew exactly what he was doing every moment and everything just flowed without pause or awkwardness. I had never made out with a "game master" like that, haha.

But that smoothness has to give me some pause, to be sure. I had such an amazing time last night that I could easily be a girl and let it all get to my head and overanalyze everything to death but I must do my best not to. But I still wouldn't mind if a third date came up soon. Would not mind at all at all at all.

Tokidoki by Simone Legno

Comments