Missing: one Robin Thicke CD

I bought his Evolution CD on Boxing Day last year and now I have misplaced it somewhere. To top it all off I had to get a new computer recently and, although I could have sworn I backed up my iTunes library to my external hard drive, once I had iTunes and everything up and running again I only had a 5th of the music I used to own. For the CDs I physically own this is not such a big deal -- just an inconvenience -- but for everything else, augh!

Anyway, finding this one particular CD out of my many has become my obsession. Everyone knows how I have songs that create the soundrack to my life. This year/guy it's Robin Thicke's Lost Without You that reminds me of Salsero. What's different this time around is that it isn't a song I heard playing when I met him, or a song he gave me that always reminds me of him, it's just the feeling I get about him. I love that song and it's sensual and lovey dovey. Good grief. But there you go, that's my song for Salsero.

Sadly I think the Salsero thing will be very short-lived. Although I was proud that we kept things under control on the Saturday a couple of days later we let things really get out of hand. In typical fashion I got weirded out and shut down. In fairness he asked me what was going on in my head but I was having none of that discussion. We tried talking again a few days later but there was no getting past the awkwardness. I haven't heard from him since and I don't blame him. It's easier to cut out the drama earlier rather than later.

Posey reminded me to just live my life the same grand way as always. Salsero and I may cross paths again one day. We were too impulsive and in the process I screwed myself out of an awesome dance partner. Le sigh.

But as always it does not mean that I love the song any less. Even with all my mixed emotions regarding Berger I still love my "Berger" songs. Luckily the experiences never ruin the music for me.

This has been an incredible year thus far and it's only half done! I got to party in Vegas with my girls, explore New York (a major obsession, as you all know) with Civic, found an awesome guy (may have lost said awesome guy, but it was still an awesome month then, haha) and my family and I are headed out on an Alaskan cruise in less than a month. I finally got promoted and still manage to attain top in my division on a regular basis so I must be doing something right there. And to top it all off a former manager who I miss will be coming back to work with me by the end of the summer. Oh, and I'm halfway to my goal weight-wise but already I am only one size away from my original goal size. I see myself tweaking those goals soon enough.

2008 has definitely been good to me already. I hope it continues.

Tokidoki by Simone Legno

Comments