You Can't Always Get What You Want

TLC has been making a lot of garbage tv these days (Virgin Diaries, hello? I admit I laughed awkwardly when I saw the virgin wedding kiss in the trailer.) but I found the two-part Geek Love to be really endearing. It also made me feel kind of sorry for myself, egads. I mean, look at all those adorable, endearing, little "geeks" finding love, and yet I do not fit in with them. Although I am a huge fan of certain aspects of those Comic Cons (Simone Legno seems to always be at the San Diego Comic Con, Big Bang Theory and Twilight have held panels at Comic Cons) if I had to talk myself up for 6 minutes or so to one of the serious geeks he would lose interest pretty fast. I don't know much about Star Trek, have not seen the most recent 3 Star Wars -- or even remember much about the older three except for those adorable Ewoks -- I don't care for Spiderman and the only reason why I care for Batman and Iron Man is because Christian Bale and Robert Downey Jr. are both hot and potential d-bags (there's always something about those bad boys, huh?)

So yes, those stereotypical brainy geeks are adorable and I find it sad that they will never find me interesting. But they will call me for some fun when the opportunity arises. Some aspects about guys are just universal, I guess.

Who finds me interesting? Men who are almost twice my age. I thought I had outgrown that "situation" but apparently not. Do they figure that at my age I cannot afford to be picky anymore? Some days it feels like that's what they must think. In their defense, they deserve to find love too but I feel that there is no way it would work out between me and a guy over a quarter-century older than me. I could still potentially have my babies at some point, but those same babies could easily pass off as his grandchildren.

It would just be nice to have some opportunities with the guys I like. I'm finally tired of waiting around. But it's the same old story, girl likes guy, guy's not interested. Other guys like girl, girl's not digging it.

Someday, it'll be great to snuggle up with someone and listen to Ingrid Michaelson's "The Way I Am." *swoon*

Tokidoki by Simone Legno

Comments