What Are You Doing New Year's Eve?

Ha, that song title is a couple of nights too late. But I just saw an adorable video starring Zooey Deschanel and Joseph Gordon-Leavitt so I'm loving the song at the mo.

Hello 2012! Although I don't like the concept of New Year's resolutions I must admit I have a lot of work to do with you: lose weight, gain money, attain love (non-family), organize, organize, organize. Where to start?

Ideas:

For losing weight: keep up the Aqua Fit and incorporate laps (start with once a week), get back on the South Beach Diet train, get back to my weight training at the gym (start with 1x a week), on off days -- when my muscles can take it -- pop in a Jillian Michaels workout or do my Your Shape workout on the Kinect. (Just got it for Christmas thanks to my fabulous bro, the fitness quiz alone practically knocked me out. LOTS to do!)

For gaining money: I think a second job is becoming more and more imperative at present. I don't really want to go back to retail but their hours work best with my job. Perhaps Starbucks? Talk about the mothership calling me home. A friend from accounting referred me to a placement agency for temporary employment at the accounting firms, but I have been hesitant to even approach them until I get more refreshers and courses under my belt. She tells me they still provide self-motivated training online while I wait for placements so maybe I should just put on a brave face and give it a go. Also, I definitely have to curb my spending; methinks a trip regardless of size is completely out of the question this year if I am to behave. I can see a few things in my finances that bleed money; I can put a stop to those.

For attaining love: I am having a really hard time letting go of Aidan but if I'm truly honest with myself it has been over a year and a half now and the arrangement has not changed. Will things ever evolve? I should be smart and put my chips on "No." I need to open my mind up to meeting new guys and not compare them to what makes Aidan the better candidate. 'cuz obviously a guy cannot or should not be a candidate if they do not want to put themselves up for consideration.

For organizing: There are a LOT of shoes and clothes that I no longer wear. I need to return to my ambition of ridding my room of one bag of "stuff" each week. I should also close off all those online accounts I have created over the years.

Let's begin now.

Tokidoki by Simone Legno

Comments