So Let Go

I'll catch up on posting my paper cranes some other time. There have been so many occasions when I wanted to write something down and I held back because I had not made a paper crane to go with the post. And then I realized how dumb that was...

(So let go) So let go
Jump in
Oh well whatcha waiting for
It's all right
'Cause there's beauty in the breakdown ~Frou Frou

Two years ago I jumped back into whatever this is that I have with Aidan. Two. Years. I thought it was my turn to be with him. But if anyone else was going through whatever this is I would have told them to just get over it and walk away.

Two years. And that's not even counting the time before that (thought short-lived) and then the time I waited on the sidelines while he had a girlfriend. He's obviously looking for a new girlfriend now. And somehow it's obviously not me.

I signed into one of those multi-chat-program apps on my ipod tonight and I saw so many instances of him. Do you realize how many different ways I would have to cut him out of my life? How have I become so entangled in my internal drama?! Just looking at his name and him not saying anything tweaks something inside me now. It's the craziest thing. And even if I somehow grew the cojones to delete him from my phone (the big one) it's not going to change anything, will it? It's all there in my head. I could still text him in a moment of weakness (of which there are many) 'cuz I have his number memorized. I even Google his profiles just to see if anything has changed...because I have his monikers memorized! How am I supposed to fix that? Someone needs to flashy-thing me, get me a neuralyzer.

One of us just has to find someone new, that should fix things, right? 'cuz so long as he's still "single" I keep convincing myself I'm somehow still in the game. And noone has really stepped up to the plate to take my mind off of him.

Grrr.

Tokidoki by Simone Legno

Comments