Take Me Out

I think things are looking up for me. I finally found some guys that seem normal and who can carry an enjoyable conversation and not just 3-word replies! Woo!

The biggest surprise, boys and girls, is that I went out on Thursday and tried speed dating with SANDy. Yes, speed dating. How was it? A supreme gong show. Super supreme. Luckily, we had found an online deal for this speed dating company...and with a theme night called "travel lovers" how could we go wrong, right? Oy. Vey.

But I can't be totally down on speed dating. The very first guy I met ended up being my favorite of the night and we matched, so that's cool. I'll keep you posted; I believe we are going to try and see each other again this week.

Would I ever try speed dating again? I don't know. Certainly not at full price because the experience us ladies had would have been a rip off at full price. Quite a few of the guys I talked to mentioned that they had received emails inviting them to come to our event for half price...most likely to fill space since SANDy and I noticed the site showed space available up until 2 days before our event. And that would have been fine had these half-price guys been open to meeting new girls and actually enjoyed their previous speed dating experiences. The truth is a handful of them were already jaded bordering on apathetic about the whole thing. It made me wonder why they even dished out any money to join the evening if they did not feel like meeting someone.

Ok, so one very positive and let's say maybe 3 friendly encounters on a 12-date speed date. 25% good experience? I guess it could be a lot worse.

Oh, and a little bit of sad times: the hottie client I was hoping to get to know better is moving away. Like next province over away. Needless to say if that possibility wasn't dead in the water I think it's certainly fried up now.

Alright, and then on one of the sites I've been trying out I got a sweet message from a guy that proved he read over my profile...AND his profile has lots of stuff that I like as well. Potential plus! We've messaged back and forth on the site a few times, then I suggested email if he was fine sharing his email contact...and then we went on to texting. Hahaha, perhaps I'm taking lots of baby steps but he's been cool with each one. I'm uber excited about this one. Even if we just end up being friends I think this is going to be fantastic! I'll have somebody who wants to see Tarantino movies with me and enjoys people-watching on patios. Wish me luck!

Tokidoki by Simone Legno

Comments