Cheers to the Freaking Weekend!

Sunday was another beautiful day to add to my weekend of fun. The familia and I went to the Calgary Zoo to finally visit the penguins in the new Penguin Plunge. I was excited but I had no idea just how stunning it would be. The penguins are sooooo close! Crazy Kid got splashed a couple of times from penguins leaving/entering the water. It was surreal -- and mercifully cold -- I could have stayed with the penguins all day if they let me.

The heat drove us out of the zoo by the afternoon so we checked out Smashburger for lunch. Mighty tasty burger! I had the Calgary burger. Dare I say that it could have used less bacon? Not that it was heaped with bacon but because the bacon was so salty it almost spoiled the whole burger experience. Mushroom poutine, while not original, was divine! Plus, I truly appreciate their ice tea bar. Yes, one of the options is American unsweetened iced tea but I'll take it.

The siblings and I even had time to hash out a workout at the gym and a dip at the pool. Arms and legs are satisfyingly sore today, hehe.

Tokidoki by Simone Legno

Comments