I'm sorry, but I'm just thinking of the right words to say. I know they don't sound the way I planned them to be

Lots to say! And I'm sure because I don't write them down as soon as I think of them I will forget most of them before I post.

Refreshing myself on my last post; one of my dates from back then has become one of my most favorite guys ever. I guess we'll call him Butch. He's become such a favorite that I've pulled down my profile (and I think he has, too!) off a certain online dating site and haven't really paid any attention to other dates that have started trying to contact me again. Seriously, right out of the woodwork. Like I always said; it seems to be feast or famine when it comes to dating and now that I've met someone that makes me giddy they all decide to try again. Including Bachelor #1 from the last post. He left a voicemail this past Thursday and tried calling again tonight. I hadn't seen or heard from him since our first date over a month ago. And while I think he's a really sweet guy and I see him totally being a great buddy for doing things around the city...clearly I must have been an afterthought or at the very least he would have kept the lines of communication open while he was otherwise occupied. Anyway, since I'm convinced he's not a jerk he deserves a chat at the very least.

But anyway, back to Butch! We've had a few great dates so far. A couple of them have been epic in length but it's so comfortable being around him I lose track of the time...and then sort of get in trouble, haha. He's willing to do all the things around the city that I've always wanted to do plus he even taught me about a city festival I didn't even know existed! If that doesn't scream "match plus" I don't know what does. I've gone hunting food trucks with him, checked out the city's aerospace museum, had ice cream (VERY important, hehe) and pancakes (again, uber important), saw our River Walk, figured out where Vendome Cafe and Boogie's Burgers are (noted), and I finally get to check out the Adults Only night at the science centre. We ran into an old colleague of mine and he was comfortable having her there with us...and I could not help but compare the situation to Aidan. (I have a feeling this will go on for some time yet; but Butch sure makes it easy to let Aidan go. It's so what I need.)

On separate occasions Aidan and I had run into my best friends and though I'd introduce them all he never really made any conversation with them. Just stood by while I talked with them for a minute. Really, I almost felt that maybe he thought I intentionally set up those encounters. Daisy must have thought, since the situation was kind of awkward, that maybe I didn't welcome chance encounters when I'm on dates. So she, one of my best friends, actually asked me if it was alright if her and her boyfriend (I think he had a name on my blog? Can't remember anymore) went to the same event Butch and I were headed to. Even went as far as saying that we didn't have to say "Hi" if I felt it was too awkward. After seeing how Butch was comfortable around my colleague (we even held hands in front of her, imagine that, haha) I sort of wish we HAD run into Daisy and her guy. I'd really love for my friends to meet him now.

Ok, so I truly am excited about this one. I really hope I don't get hurt. Like I said, I can't help but compare him to Aidan and other guys I've gone out with. He's so different and so sweet sometimes I find myself doubting it's sincere because "most" guys aren't like that. At least in my world. Everyone keeps telling me to calm down about it. Princess at work even tried to therapeutically tell me that my past experiences with guys are the exception rather than the norm...which kind of made me feel like damaged goods. But I never felt mistreated by those guys in the past. I guess I just didn't realize that there were far more better options out there for me.

Hoping hoping hoping he sticks around! On Friday he let me know that we'dbeen going out a month. So I'm optimistic this keeps up!

Tokidoki by Simone Legno

Comments