Boomerang

My neck and shoulder have been so sore as of late; it's been driving me nuts. I blamed it on an uncomfortable sleep but it doesn't seem to be letting up very much. And then one night while I was trying to give myself a neck rub I noticed that some of the stiffness felt much too firm. It being on my right side, where all the cancer drama happened over 10 years ago, of course makes me feel a little nervous. One night Butch was trying to help work the knot out and he even admitted it felt like more than a knot. This meant a lot more to me since I didn't even tell him what I was already thinking about it all. Good thing my annual followup with Dr. H is coming up next month. I also have my annual physical scheduled with Dr. T a couple of weeks prior. Between the two of them I hope this thing comes out as just a big superknot. Or if it worked itself out before next month I'd probably feel a lot more comfortable, but to be on the safe side I'd rather they had the opportunity to look it over for their opinion.

In somewhat related news I think my obsessive need to keep that ear clean (my quarterly visits with Dr. M are just not often enough for my liking) has bunged it up again. My hearing on that side is really stuffed up. I feel kind of geriatric, hehe. At the moment I have a "good ear" so if you want me to hear what you're saying you better be on my left side. :P Again I hope it works itself out, and swiftly, too. Sleeping on my left side (on my good ear) makes it difficult to hear my alarm clock in the morning. Not only that but in the silence the constant hum of the bad ear is ridiculous. Perhaps I should take a page from infant childcare and put my right hand in a mitten so I cannot do an impromptu clean on that ear. Ugh.

And for some happier news...things with Butch are going wonderfully, I think. I'm overthinking things less now when I say "I love you," mostly cuz he says it just as freely. Last night we attended Weird Kid's 30th birthday dinner -- can you believe he's 30 now? Oy vey. -- and today we went to the MOCA with SANDy and her friends to check out the Warhol athlete exhibit. I'm crazy about Butch, if that was not already clear. He is incredibly sweet and it's becoming easier and easier to accept that rather than be all skeptical about it all the time. Next month on it'll be 6 months on the 3rd. Even better than that will be Valentine's Day! For once I will have a Valentine on my favorite day of the year. I've always loved Valentine's Day, can you imagine how much sweeter it will be this year?! Love love love love love! (Told you it's getting easier to say.)

Tokidoki by Simone Legno

Comments