Love Near and Far

I keep meaning to blog more often but there was always something going on with my computer. Now I have no more excuses; my baby gave me a new computer last Christmas and he set me up with the fancy new Windows last night. Nothing should stop me now.

A lot has gone on all around me. Latina had a baby boy, Civic went to Japan for a semester, my mini BFFs keep growing and being all-around adorable, and Daisy got married. And Butch and I are two years (and a month....but who's counting?) strong. The familia and I went to the Dominican Republic for their first taste (Weird Kid was not with us, alas) of all-inclusive resort vacations. As much as I enjoyed the family time I would have loved to have Butch there with me, too. Hopefully him and I can get away for another vacation sometime. I loved our cruise together.

But with all the happy adventures that go on come some down times. When I got home last night I found out my godmother in the Philippines passed away. She was such a quiet and loving woman. Very emotional, as was my grandpa and my uncle so I know where I get my sappiness from. I had already settled into bed when I got the news so I ran upstairs to ask my dad if he had heard. Mom was already sleeping (I think) but they had all found out earlier and avoided telling me because of my drive home that night. It was smart thinking because I was sobbing heavily for a long while after that. I miss her. I wish I had made more of an effort to visit more often. I think of how long she stayed with us as her body slowly betrayed her. She must be at peace now and the biggest comfort I have is envisioning her up in heaven with my uncle and grandparents. Such huge loving hearts. Is it selfish to wish they were back here? It is. They can rest now. For all of us left behind our want to keep them here with us should not take priority over their pain and discomfort. God knows when to take us back home and he will never give us more suffering than we can endure. I pray that I can remember this when it is my time to go; and at the very least remember and take comfort in the fact that I will see all my loved ones again.

Tokidoki by Simone Legno

Comments