"It's been a long time; shouldn't have left you without a dope beat to step to"

Attempt number 5,352,891 at resurrecting my blog.

I gave up social media for Lent and it's proving to be the best sacrifice for me because I sure am missing it! I figured if I can't see what everyone else is up to I may as well try and document what I have been doing.

I just got back from a two-week jaunt to the Philippines to visit loved ones and explore more of that beautiful country. It was definitely not long enough; I did not get to see everyone and everything that I wanted. I did not get to eat everything that I wanted! But two weeks is better than nothing...and the awesome thing is one of my cousins and her family are hoping to come to North America in the fall so fingers crossed I can coordinate with them!

Butch and I have been together for 3.5 years now. It sure does not feel like that much time has passed! (Also, I want a new codeame for Butch. As much as I love Pulp Fiction he needs a more awesome codename. In an attempt to feed my social-media-fast if anyone out there is still reading this or checking into it please send me some suggestions!) At the risk of sounding like someone in a rom-com he's almost the perfect fit for me. His travel style totally jives with mine, we mostly like the same foods, and whenever I'm with him I feel safe and calm. Sometimes I feel too calm and fall asleep while we're watching tv :P I love him.

Daisy is expecting a little one! Actually, a lot of people around me are expecting little ones all of a sudden. Most excellent; more little ones around me means the more I don't need a little one of my own.

But I do want a puppy.

The saga to find a new meaningful career(?) is ongoing. I'm still doing what I do, but it's unfulfilling. But for the life of me I cannot think of what else I want to do. For a while I thought it would be accounting, but when I let the courses fall to the side I convinced myself that maybe that was not my calling if I was so willing to let it go. A friend suggested a career counselor which I think is a great idea but I would probably still need some ideas of interests to present to the counselor...they are not going to just plop me into the role of my dreams if I can't figure out what my dreams are.

Well, this entry has been kind of a dud. It feels like reuniting with a friend that you lost touch with but don't know how to rekindle the friendship. Awkward!

Hopefully I have something better to write next time. I still have over a month of Lent to go!

Tokidoki by Simone Legno

Comments