Blogging By Phone is Ridiculous

I need to make time to blog from an actual computer because typing this out on a phone is time consuming and madness. Butch is away on his second overnight trip this month. This one was several nights. I can’t wait for him to come home; the poor guy works so hard and for so long. With my working 6 days and trying to accommodate my grandma, my mom and my siblings, and his time-consuming demands at work it feels like we barely have any together time. The weeknights seem so short because we need to sleep early enough to function the next day. There’s always something keeping us busy and when we do have time together we usually end up just sitting in the living room playing games on our phone with the tv on...like some kind of old couple :p (ooh, with emojis I don’t think anyone really types out emoticons anymore. I’m so geriatric, haha) But it’s not just him. I feel like I don’t have much time with him and at the same time I don’t have enough time spent with my family and this week I had 0 weeknights to pay a visit to my grandma. I feel incredibly guilty about that. Maybe she does not realize how many days go by without me visiting but I do not want her to feel neglected or alone. I don’t get where all the time goes and I do not understand how it feels spread so thin. And when you do not have enough time spent with those you care about, plus get everything done, you really have to wonder what’s the point of the day to day? I wonder if we would feel more productive - or give the illusion of having more time - if a week was made of 10 days and not 7? I mean, we had a 6 day rotation in junior high and high school to fit in all our time commitments per subject...

Comments